- Product Code: 1960
The bright pink colour of these flowers make it impossible to miss in the garden . Like many primulas it will go dormant in the winter months reducing back to a tight scaly bud, unusually the flowers will open as soon as the stem bursts through the ground before the leaves expand. A very popular garden primrose, it is easy to grow in rich, wet soil and is often found at pond-sides where it will tolerate waterlogging.
Also known as the Himalayan meadow primrose.
- Flowering period : Early - late spring
- Ultimate Height : 20-30 cm
- Hardiness : -20°C
- Foliage : Deciduous
- Sunlight : Partial shade - full sun
- Moisture : Moist
- PH : Alkaline, acid or neutral
- Culture : woodland, bog garden, streamside
- Pot size : 7cm
- No. seeds per packet : min 35