- Product Code: 1840
Hard to believe that this striking plant comes from the same family as the common primrose. A spike of startling cup-shaped light blue/violet flowers which can grow up to 40 cm. Dislikes very wet conditions in winter.
Origins: Yunnan-Sichuan borderlands, where it grows in relatively dry pine forests on sandstone.
Culture: well-drained gritty compost in pots, troughs or rockery. Dislikes winter wet.
- Flowering period : Late spring - mid-summer
- Ultimate Height : 30-40 cm
- Hardiness : -30°C
- Foliage : Deciduous
- Sunlight : Partial shade
- Moisture : Well-drained
- PH : Alkaline, acid or neutral
- Culture : pot, rockery, trough
- Pot size : 7cm
- No. seeds per packet : min 35