- Product Code: 446
Primula 'Lopen Red'
A red acaulis primrose with a yellow centre. These plants are from the original stock of the ‘Lopen Red’ primrose, discovered by Marjory Fish in the garden of Mrs Goddard at Knapp Cottage, Lopen Somerset, and named by her, over 60 years ago. With its bronze green foliage there is a suggestion of Garryard blood in its ancestry. Really good true red blooms. It has quite a compact growing habit and the stems are shorter than the Tartan red strain. No seeds available as this is a named cultivar which is propagated by division.
- Flowering period : Late winter - mid-spring
- Ultimate Height : 10-15 cm
- Hardiness : -20°C
- Foliage : Evergreen
- Sunlight : Partial shade
- Moisture : Moist but well-drained
- PH : Acid or neutral
- Culture : border, woodland, pot
- Pot size : 7cm
- No. seeds per packet : min 35