- Product Code: 1841
This is another one of these unusual primulas from the Muscarioides section. It has purple-blue flowers that form a short spike. The individual flowers are formed of a kind of narrow tube which point downwards as they open and grow slightly wider at the end and which distinguish it from other plants in this section . It has a slightly mealy stem and lightly hairy, toothed leaves.
It was found in the wild in the border zone between south-east Tibet and south-west Sichuan and first introduced by Forrest in 1905. It is not a difficult plant to grow but not very long lived in the garden.
- Flowering period : Early - late spring
- Ultimate Height : 20-30 cm
- Hardiness : -20°C
- Foliage : Deciduous
- Sunlight : Partial shade - shade
- Moisture : Moist but well-drained
- PH : Acid or neutral
- Culture : border, pot, trough
- Pot size : 7cm
- No. seeds per packet : min 35